Monday, July 18, 2011

A weekend at home

Yesterday was a relaxing summer Sunday at home in Waco.  I got up early and went for a 15 mile bike ride.  Stopped for a water break to enjoy this lovely view.


Then I hopped in the pool for a swim and to float and soak up some sun.  Every time I come home, something is different, or renovated, or re-decorated, etc.  This time it was the backyard.  We got a new grill, new stone on the outdoor kitchen counter, new tile border, new landscaping, new fence and new/more umbrellas.  


I don't think there are backyards like this in New York.

My mom's birthday was a success.  We wandered around the farm in the morning and bought some soaps, pasta, bread, honey, and granola.  I may take one of their knitting classes at the end of August.  I spent the rest of the afternoon getting a pedicure with my mom...


Summer and neon just seem so right for each other.  Then I took a few hours to make my mom a wrap bracelet.  I think it turned out pretty well - an upgrade from my $10 10-minute one I made last week.


Then a FEAST at 1424.  Lots to do this week, including beginning to figure out where I'm going to live.    The countdown begins... here's to making my last summer LAST.

- CAR -


No comments:

Post a Comment