Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Evening craft: Wrap Bracelet

I've loved these Chan Luu bracelets since I first saw one but couldn't rationalize paying $200 for it (#UnpaidInternProblems).  They're perfect because they go with literally everything and can be worn as an everyday bracelet but there's something about the combination of the leather and the pearls... that made me think "I can make this."

Here's what the real deal looks like:



And here's my version that I made for around $10:



Much more conducive to an unpaid intern's budget.  Plus, I could make it a custom length to fit my very narrow wrist perfectly.  It's not bad for a first attempt but I think I can get closer to real Chan.

Sometimes the iPhone takes great pictures, but in inclement lighting it's awful.  My dad has this professional photographer-quality camera sitting at our house collecting dust in the coat closet so this weekend I plan to go home, read the user manual and learn how to take good pictures.  High hopes.

- CAR -

No comments:

Post a Comment