Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello this is me

Let me just begin by saying that the title of this blog may change.  I spent much of today trying to brainstorm the perfect "me" name for a blog.  All of this going on in the back of my mind, of course, because I was at work.

Today was busy as I was getting back into the swing of work after my whirlwind of a weekend in Connecticut that ended with a long but very exciting interview in the city.  But tomorrow is even more exciting, not because I'm getting to the office at 7am for our intern breakfast and project presentation, not because I need to finally start researching the assignment that's been festering on my Stickies for a week (Storing Bad-Weather Essentials!), BUT because a special delivery is coming for me and MCW!  We have a sick obsession with Rent The Runway and rather than finding a dress to match an occasion, we create occasions so that we can order dresses.  I mean $100 for an Herve Leger dress is too good to pass up, right?!?!?  M turned 21 (finally) yesterday and instead of clumping her birthday celebration with 4th of July boozefests, we opted for a Friday night soiree at Ghost Bar at the W Hotel in downton Dallas.


Yes, please!

Hence why a dress rental from RTR was completely necessary.  Disclaimer: I'm not a fashionista by any means whatsoever but I occasionally enjoy receiving Vena Cava dresses in the mail.  See you tomorrow, LBD!




Simple things in life... if there's anything yesterday taught us, it's to not forget to enjoy every little pleasure and person who is responsible for that joy.

Things I will post about in the future:
1.  Summer reading list (and wine tasting list and movie list although I'm not a movie watcher)
2.  Immaterial things I would like (brace yourself, things like a nasty forehand or, I don't know, a job?)
3.  Craft projects I must try
4.  Vegetarian recipes that have the potential to convert devoted Texan carnivores
5.  Ramblings on life.

- CAR -

No comments:

Post a Comment