Thursday, July 28, 2011

Busy week

Tonight I'm in a listing mood:
  1. I have exactly two weeks left of my internship.  On Monday at the huddle meeting, they showed a newly completed D Brand video and who do I see in one of the flashing scenes but ME at a Dallas volunteer event I did with D in June.   

  1. After the last intern breakfast at 8am Thursday August 11, I am going straight to the airport to fly to DC to visit Ned for a few days, then take a train to NYC to acclimate myself with the city and find a place to live.
  2. Today I babysat some active kiddos at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine - 25 miles away = 60+ minute drive in Dallas traffic.  Exhausted.
  3. Tomorrow I'm going back to the waterpark extravaganza and then driving home to hang out with my mom for a night then watch the doggies while they go to Austin to meet Drew's roommate's parents.
  4. My mom has been faithfully sporting the bracelet I made her, which has apparently attracted enough attention from her friends to make them want to buy some from me.  So I'm ordering supplies online and getting back to the beading board in the next few weeks!
  5. Visited Tassie in Fort Worth last night and did our usual dinner at Joe T. Garcia's.  It was just so hot I lost more fluid than I drank and I didn't even get into the marg pitcher.  Does she really have her own home?  I had to help her with the dishwasher last night...

  1. I'm going to Foot Locker Run Club's first meeting on Monday to start their 10K plan.  I joined the Dallas chapter but I'm hoping I can transfer it to NYC once I'm settled.  4 miles in 105 degrees?  Sounds good, just need a portable water bottle (or IV).
So, trying to fill my hours with leisurely activities in this last month of carefree unemployment!  I'll leave with this picture that makes me laugh hysterically (found in a recent issue of People I was reading this afternoon).  


Suryia and Roscoe - the best of friends.

- CAR -

No comments:

Post a Comment