Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm going to be a New....

Yorker!  A year ago, I never thought I would be excited about moving to Manhattan.  A year makes all the difference in the world, evidently.  Now, my Denison friends are there, I'm young, it's a city that has everything.  Now is the time for me to move to New York and I can't believe I'm going to be a city girl.  Applying to jobs and not even getting a confirmation e-mail that your resume has been received is so frustrating.  BUT, the feeling of getting a job offer that you're truly excited about makes the wait and the stress and the over-analyzing completely worthwhile.  This opportunity is beyond what I expected and better than what I thought I wanted.  Things really do work out for the best.


Is this really what I will call my city in just under two months?  A later post will be all about things I will miss about Texas.  Warning: the list will be long.  (Note that I said Texas, not Waco.  I'll miss Dallas more than Waco, excluding my home, family and doggies, of course).

I suppose it's time to go apartment shopping - for the actual apartment as well as furnishings because after four years of dorm living, I have very few belongings of my own.  I am going to have a heyday decorating.

I've been playing around with the unused camera.  It's a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, and it's a powerful piece of machinery.  After skimming the various user manuals and tip booklets, I did some shooting around my room but it's nighttime and there wasn't a lot to capture.  I like this close-up of an old champagne bottle that I use as a flower vase:


Tomorrow will be a busy day filled with Beshy-approved activities.  We're getting off to an early start with an 8am breakfast at Homestead Heritage, a self-sustaining farm here in Waco.  My mom is also loving the leather and pearl wrap bracelet I made earlier this week, so we may go to the craft store to get supplies to make more bracelets.  Then, dinner out.  I hope a cake is in the forecast but I haven't made one and that isn't really my dad's department... Needless to say, tomorrow will be a prime opportunity for photography experiments with the new camera.

Feeling lucky to have a day of great news to share with family and friends.

- CAR -

No comments:

Post a Comment