Thursday, July 7, 2011

Poor Viv


Gigantic venomous spiders form nightly resting spots on her roof, she roasts in a parking lot in 108 degree heat all day, and in that parking lot, other obnoxious and monstrous vehicles back into her poor little rump and give her volleyball-size dents.  It wasn't easy living up in Ohio where hooligans smashed out her back windshield during a blizzard and she sat abandoned in the Sunset lot for months over breaks but now this?  Maybe I just have really bad luck with this poor car... WHICH I saw a commercial for for the first time ever last night!  In searching for the right Venza commercial, I stumbled across a couple other ads I had never seen before... all of which market the car to a 30-something trendy black male.  I'll leave it at that.

After a much needed lengthy jaunt on the dreadmill, I came back to the rare full refrigerator because M and I went to Kroger last night.  I made a delicious Greek Veggie Wrap that I now wish I had taken a picture of.  Next time.  If you'd like to try it for your next Meatless Monday, here's what I did:
  • Sautee chopped red onion, garlic, halved cherry tomatoes and zucchini with olive oil, white wine and herbs de provence.  After they were mostly cooked, I sprinkled some balsamic vinegar (my favorite condiment) over the veggies to let them soak it up
  • Cook quinoa
  • Mix cooked veggies and some raw sliced bell peppers into the quinoa
  • Spread quinoa-veggie mix onto a tortilla with sliced cheese (feta or goat cheese would have been good, too)
  • Spoon some tzatziki over the top, then wrap and scarf!
Ok so I linked tzatziki to a Real Simple recipe but I used the store-bought kind.  But the sauce is so easy I don't know why I haven't made it myself yet.  Meanwhile, M wrestled with what looked like an 8 pound bloody block of New York Strip and made beef fajitas.  Ehh...

Now for a quiet night of enjoying my last few days of my Netflix free trial.  Whatever shall I watch?  


- CAR -

No comments:

Post a Comment