Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Final sales are in the air

I braved NorthPark this afternoon to attempt to start my new work wardrobe.  It was a futile attempt until I was about to leave and decided to putz into GAP of all places... and I emerged with armfuls of perfect professional basics (plus a swimsuit) and only spent $100.

After that rewarding but long shopping experience, I came home and cooked an actual dinner for the first time in weeks.  I adapted this recipe from Food and Wine (the picture doesn't do it justice, although it isn't a "gorgeous" dish).



Penne with Roasted Asparagus and Balsamic Butter

  • Season asparagus and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Roast vegetables in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
  • Simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar in a small pan for 15-ish minutes, or until reduced.  Add 2 teaspoons of honey and pepper to taste.
  • Boil pasta for 13 minutes.  Drain, then add roasted asparagus and tomatoes, balsamic reduction, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/4 cup goat cheese, and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.  Stir until blended and creamy.
  • Serve over a bed of fresh spinach.
The balsamic butter was like a rich dressing and went well with the fresh spinach.  The recipe got mixed reviews on the website, but M and I loved it.

I want to go to the farmers market in West Village on Saturday and get some in-season, farm fresh produce.


And then I want to make the Blackberry Frozen Yogurt pops I pinned today from Wit & Whistle.  Last weekend was for crafting, this one is for cooking.

- CAR -

No comments:

Post a Comment